Saturday, August 15, 2009

The 2nd Week











Finally out of Mosquitoville!!! I had to bundle all up and look like ET sitting in the chair just to keep the bugs off me! And smell like I came out of a dryer as Mum kept all three of us tied up with Downy sheets all over us just to try to keep those dam bugs off us. The road coming out of Ross Lake was really rough and from what I've heard it was similar to a roller coaster ride. But leaving was a good thing cuz those bugs were bad bad bad. I got bit in the butt end and everyone thought I got a hemorrhoid from screaming when I could not see Mum but was just a bite. So our driving to the next location, Chain Lake begins. We had to stop in Manning Park for a pee break and that was welcomed by all three of us. It took me forever though cuz there was so much to explore with the Goffer Holes. After we got back in the truck Elliott started wining ab out snacks!! Can you believe that guy...calls me the cry baby and look who is talking. Dad had to pull over and get us all some food. He is such a glutton that my parents had to stop earlier as he ate his two weeks allotment of dog food in one week. You should see the size of his paws!!! He will probably be bigger than me. And we could not get his kind of dog food in Hope so they had to switch him....good thing that we had 150 baggies packed with us as a change of dog food in a puppy takes awhile for the stomach to get use to it. His wait seems to be a bit of a problem....on the way to Chain Lake he moved around too much and toppled over his kennel and he was ass over tea kettle in the back seat narrowly missing Taz. Chain Lake turned out to be another experience~HAIR RAISING. It was windy there, good thing that I don't have a layered cut like Mum as I don't generally use any styling products and would of been a real mess. Dad went fishing in his Pontoon boat and was blown all over. Good thing he had a little motor on it to come back to us. I wish I had a snuggy like Cristy & Gregory do cuz I would have been so snuggy...although Dad gave me his coat and I spent the days under that in the wind. I have figured out that picnic tables and fire pits are a great place for finding food. And tell me what is wrong with eating a half a rotten wiener???? Just when I get it in the mouth there is Mum with her fingers down my throat digging it out. The weather at Chain Lake wasn't the best so it was off to Alleyn Lake. Oh it was so beautiful there. I loved playing on the beach but when it was time to get a drink I walked to the water.....THE TERROR SET IN, MY EYES POPPED OUT, MY HEART WAS BEATING OUT OF MY CHEST....ADAVAN PLEASE!!!! There was quicksand.....I suck up to my chest in mud................I FREAKED.......finally I got a clear head and figured out that I was going to be ok and got myself out of it. I did a case of mistaken identity too when we were there.........the man was walking out of the water, neoprene on, fish cat boat like Dads and he was walking away past our campsite..........ok I started to scream again...Dad come back, where are you going...please I won't walk in the mud again....but he kept going. Mum had to call to Dad in the water to call me so that I would know it wasn't him. Oh what a relief it was that he wasn't walking out on us! Then after a good sleep with the Breath Right Nasal Strips passed around by Taz we were off to North Bend. Oh I liked it there much better this time, think I am getting comfortable now there and know that it is a safe place. Had a great two nights there and Travis my big big brother from Armstrong came and spent the night there with us too. It was so nice to see him. Now I am at home and we are all tired but glad to be home. Home Sweet Home. Tomorrow I hear that we are having a family dinner for Travis as he is here again...what a surprise it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment